Thursday, October 15, 2015

Valentine's Day

Ah...Valentines Day.  In our house, we buy the kids a little something, I usually get a nice card and flowers (to be planted not cut).  I try, I give my husband a nice card and I put on my good underwear, but we rarely go crazy over the holiday.
I spent the first 4 hours of my day organizing Lego's.  F'ing Legos.  They. Are. Everywhere.  My kittens like to chase the heads around; imagine it's 4 am and the sound of a tiny plastic head bouncing down the wood stairs and 2 kittens on the chase.  My son likes to play Star Wars, Gotham City, Ninja Turtles, Lego City; whatever it is, they all have to blow up.  When these little guys blow, they lose everything.  Everything.  Their heads, arms, hands, legs, assorted hair/hat/helmet.

In honor of Valentine's Day, my husband came down to help and I quote, "Here's Wonder Woman's bottom, I'd recognize those star spangled undies anywhere."  The whole project was a huge pain in the butt, but I think I got it this time.

It's still a work in progress.  But dang...4 hours.  It's all I could give.


Getting back to the thing I do.  I watercolored a sun.  (Insert eyes closed straight mouth emoji)  I'm also thinking I want to watercolor the What's It Saying? book.  Luckily I need a sun for the book. I'm calling it progress.


It was amazing.  I had my music on, a glass of wine and a brush.  This puts my world right.  This is why I do it.  My son (The Lego enthusiast) came in at one point and struggled with scissors.  At one point he burst out, 'WHY CAN'T THESE CUT!" and was pissed that I wouldn't draw him a bird, but honestly...it's part of it.  Part of putting my world right.  I gave him some old oil pastels and he made us all valentines.  My daughter came in an offered her critique of this sun (another eyes closed straight mouth emoji).  I loved every minute of it, though.  Happy Valentine's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment