Thursday, October 15, 2015

I Don't Care and 12 Is Too Many

I was going to name this post Pressure 2.0 or 'Stress What Is It Good For' because I'm sitting here looking at the blank page and I can't concentrate on anything because of all this stuff whirling around my brain.  Watching the cursor blink, I hear my best friend's daughter's voice.  It's a teeny, tiny, 2 year old voice that said, "I don't care."  I thought, "She's right, by God, teeny, tiny Tabitha is right.  I don't care."  I need to let some of this shit go or fix it.

Tabitha and I napping


I don't care that I saw 2 little pieces of paper and various grass remnants on the rug which would normally prompt me to vacuum the whole house.  Not today.  What dishes?

You know what else I'm gonna let go of?  Fantasy Football and a bullshit situation.  I couldn't care less about FF, I just don't like looking like a chump.  In a nut shell, everyone else got the email that we weren't in the league and anyway "...12 is too many".  Since I didn't know about the email, I was asking when we were all at a "get together".  I was informed it was done, we weren't in it and everything got awkward.  Nobody spoke up for us.  How could you think we weren't in when I replied with, "Lucas's are in!!!" with like 3 exclamation points?  Thing #1 about Lucas's, we're pretty tough (I was almost in a gang once, my husband was in jail once), so I'd rather have the truth no matter what it looks like.

If they need me, I'll be here, at the bottom of the totem pole rooting for the Cornhuskers and half ass watching the NFL.  Go Packers!

I have a friend upset because she thinks I don't make enough time for her.  Fml.  I don't have enough time for myself.  I love all my friends and when I say I am busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest, it's because I am. Letting this go, because I don't need the drama. "I y'am what y'am" ya'll.
                                                     
My husband and I are doing that "super polite speaking" to each other thing because we're a little pissed at each other.  We don't want to fight so we are doing the opposite.  We are acting like the Looney Tunes gopher's Mac and Tosh.  We will work our crap out.  I am just going to let it go, taking comfort in knowing I am right.  Quietly and to myself, just in case it turns out that I am wrong.


Jesse's teacher had no one volunteer for room mom.  Not one parent in the 20 something kids :|.  She sent a sweet email asking for one at exactly the same time I noticed there was a lot of stress in my life. So, of course, I said I'd do it.  I might be tough, but I cannot say no to someone in need.  Room mom, what was I thinking?

I've said I could do more with school, but I really can't.  I walked around all Tuesday thinking it was Monday and missed my scheduled Lunch Relief Duty.  Regarding this extra bit of school duty, I have already committed to meetings, fundraisers and trips to Michael's that I will do -with a smile; wishing I was at home working on my thing.

Pressure to be healthy reminds me I missed yoga Tuesday as well.  Pass the lettuce.

I'm going to quit listing all the things running through my mind giving me "writer's/drawer's block".  Honestly, I'm sick of 'em myself, you all have your own stuff to worry about and I might just be in a very bad mood.  Here's a sun.


It's not finished.

Let's all de-stress, pressurize and do our thing.

I'm going to go take a Midol.


No comments:

Post a Comment