Thursday, October 15, 2015

Prisoner in My Own Body

This past week or so I've been hearing that I need more media on here.  In my "Portfolio" section I want/need to put stuff not related to a book but stuff I did when the Muse possessed me or stuff "commissioned" by a friend.  However, that thing called life kept interrupting me this week.  We had 4 or 5 Snow Days...with no snow.  Which made my children so angry that the little guy was crying about it.  

Also, I wasn't feeling great.  I'll spare you the details but it's been going on for a while.  Apparently, I got to the right doctor on Friday and by Wednesday, I was in "Out Patient Surgery".  Shit, right?!  I was terrified; but regardless of my greatest fears, I did awaken from anesthesia and no surprises in surgery.  No more Grey's Anatomy for me.

The doctor instructed me to bed rest until Monday.  Bed rest until Monday?  Torture.  (My husband just came down here and threatened to put me in traction if I didn't go back to the couch.)  Now I am on Season 2 Episode 4 of The Good Wife.  Ready to start Season 2 of Peaky Blinders but I can only watch that when there are no children running around.  It's a fantastic show, watch it.  I tried to watch American Horror Story...too scary.  And obviously Grey's Anatomy messes with my head.  So, its me and Julianna Margulies who mostly just nods knowingly.

I did manage a sketch.


A friend of mine, Stephanie Jones of Paper, Canvas, Etc did some amazing things with metallics in her watercolors this week; it got me excited.  I have a Cherry Blossom Janice, of we were almost a gang but mostly sat in a tree, asked me to do that is waiting patiently for color.  If I could only get off this couch.
http://www.papercanvasetc.com



No comments:

Post a Comment