Thursday, October 15, 2015

Chakras

Holy crap!  When was my last blog?  As I do understand why I was given the advice to blog weekly and keep my page interesting, it is a lot more difficult to do.

I have not been in the studio.  Not sure, but I think it might be a chakra problem.  I saw a thing on Pinterest and I think it's either my Svadhishthana or the Vishuddha Chakra.  I'll try and follow through with that.  What I did do was edit/critically read a friend's novel.  Erotic novel.  That should that help with that Muladhara thing.  The thing is, it was so hard for her to let me take her novel.


We were sitting in the coffee shop and as she hands it over she is giving me her prepared speech, "It's a rough draft... and there is a lot of cock in it...it's a rough, rough draft.."  I almost had to pry it out of her hands.  I get this though, giving someone that little piece of you.  Something that you put on paper for all to see; that little bit of your soul to be criticized and judged.  I tried to reassure her that I would be gentle and that I get it.  I thought the best thing to do would give her T-Rexy.  The art and the words.  Like an, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" thing.  Thank you for the erotic novel, here is a picture book.  I'm pretty sure she didn't attack her husband after reading my book.

We did agree that silence from the potential publishers is a worse torture than a simple rejection letter.  It doesn't even have to be a letter.  Just in the subject line, a simple, "You suck" or "Don't quit your day job"  or in our case, "Get a day job".  We also talked about how important it is to have like minded people in your life.  To people that don't draw, everything I do is great.  My friend's mother, loved every bit of her novel.  (I know, right?  She showed her mother! Love that girl.)  Criticism can be very good, stings a little, but necessary to grow.  I gave my friend a shot and a beer before we went over her novel.  She decreed that this is how editing a friends novel/work should always start.

This is the conversation between me and my good friend Monica.  I was just telling her I was editing an erotic novel.  Monica is a writer as well, so I think it is important to keep encouraging your like minded friends to do what they do.



She is a talented writer.  She sends me snippets of amazing and sometimes scary writings.   I hound her relentlesssly to finish a book.  I'll send her the Chakra information.  Now I'm going to go to yoga, get right with my body and hopefully, my mind.  Then back to the studio.



No comments:

Post a Comment