Thursday, October 15, 2015

Keep On Keeping On

Really trying hard to get things done this week, there is just never enough time.  I just got home from my weekly "lunch relief" volunteer thing I do at school.  Me against 20 second graders, at lunchtime, to give the teacher a break.  2 of them, my son and his best buddy, were on my side. Today, they all somehow earned the privilege of eating in the Butterfly Garden.  So, there we were, outside, freezing our butts off eating "pizza".  Nobody could sit still or be quiet, so I just quit trying.  They were literally screaming and running around.  The wind was blowing so hard I thought we'd all come in covered in pizza sauce and the random lettuce leaf.  I was also pretty sure I'd get cited for littering.

Luckily, we were outside by ourselves where no one could witness my failure.  I leave feeling like I need a stiff drink and that I should be doused in hand sanitizer. The kids love me by the way, they have mistaken "nice" for "beaten".

Enough about the stuff that prevents me from doing my thing, I did manage to research publishing companies.  In the process of putting together query letters and bio's I realize I have no pictures of myself.  None.  None without the kids or making a goofy face or gang/peace signs.  (The only gang I've ever belonged to was in 7th grade and my best friend, Janice and I were going to be the "new" Pink Ladies...we had no hand signs or cool jacket, nor did the gang ever fully come together as a force to be reckoned with.  We did, however, have a tree we sat in planning it all.)

Needing a picture, I employed my 21 year old son, who resides in my basement (don't judge), with the task.  Disgruntled photographers do not take good pictures.  I also decided I was done with eating.  My 14 year old daughter was the next hire.  She is good.  I may give her her phone back.  During our "photo shoot", as I was sitting there trying to look professional, when my 7 year old yells for help...from the bathroom.

This picture really frustrated my daughter because I moved.

I am now out of time to blog as I gotta pick kids up from school.  I will leave you with this, I finished the dandelion, the bio, the query and one good picture.  This week is about "Just keep trying".



No comments:

Post a Comment