Thursday, October 15, 2015

Beer-Thirty

Janice and I often have a time of day we affectionately call "Beer-Thirty".  It is a time for us to take a bit of a break from our kids/lives and chat unadulterated for about an hour over a beer, a glass or two of wine or whatever is in our liquor cabinets.  Seriously, one time, all I could come up with was a screw driver using vodka that was very Russian (I just shivered at the memory).  Once she choked back a few Skinny Girl Margarita's and made me promise to never buy it; as only one of us should have to suffer through it. We've even had tea, plain old tea.

We mostly trade photography/art ideas and kid stuff.  It wouldn't be right if I didn't admit to talking about husbands -we sometimes even praise them.   There is no judgement or disclaimers, we've been friends a long time.

Recently, we might've had too much beer at beer-thirty, might've just been me, but we played this game.  "If you had a million dollars..."  When we say 'a million dollars', we really mean an Oprah kind of rich.  We went tit for tat at first, I'd order shit from Pottery Barn and Athleta instead of just folding the catalog pages and hoping I find something similar at Target.  She agreed and countered with the hiring of organization people to get the crap organized once and for all -spare no room nor cost.  We'd have better clothes, particularly underwear and socks.  We'd upgrade our supplies, she'd get that camera she's been eyeing that costs thousands and I'd lose my mind at Dick Blick's.

We got a little crazy and dreamed about buying time and health, but agreed a house cleaner, gardener and a cook would be AMAZING. We'd be neighbors, to do beer-thirty in person instead of over the phone.  We'd set the kids up for their futures. I'd probably go ahead and tithe more so we can get to heaven.

Funny thing, neither one of us mentioned plastic surgery or mansions or fashion week.  We don't want to change how we live or how our kids live, we want to stay the same regular ol' gals -but with nicer underpants.

She also asked me do a picture for her youngest daughter's room to match the Origami bird she got.  At least, I think she said bird...


I haven't heard anything from the publishers I sent 'T-Rexy' to, -except the one rejection email.  Keep your fingers crossed.  Going to finish the 'What's It saying' book.  It's been on my list of things to do for too long.  Plus, I bought a metallic gold paint that my friend Steph has, need to see what happens with that!

1 comment: