Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Holy Crap, it's Wednesday!

Actually it's almost Thursday.  Blog post is late because end of school year.  I can't attend one more function, presentation, ceremony or party.   I'm sorry, I really don't mean to sound like a jerk parent, but enough already.

Ms. Our Gym Teacher: Mrs. Lucas, can you DJ for me?
Me:  I would, really, but it so close to the end of the year...I am afraid of what would come out of my mouth.
Ms. Our Gym Teacher:  You don't have to talk.  Just play music.
Me:  No problem!

The teacher that assigned a presentation that isn't graded but mandatory; I could throw her out the window.  I agree with Anna, it is stupid.  I didn't tell Anna that but, really?!  She forced me to stick to the Lucas rule of: We do things even if we don't want to, because it is the right thing to do (mandatory).  What a bitch.

My kids have upped their degree of whining.  I can't.  I actually said, "Shut up."   My brother once said if you say,"Shutty uppy."  It's okay 'cause sweetly.  I didn't.  I might have even yelled it.  

Jesse:  Why do I have to go to school?  None of the other kids are!
Me:  Because you have 3 half days left.  There will be kids there.  You are going.
Jesse:  You are mean.
Me:  Probably, but that has nothing to do with why you are going to school tomorrow.
Jesse (Trying to cry):  Mom, the other kids-
Anna:  Well, at least you don't have to do a presentation that won't mean anything.  Mom, I mean. it doesn't even-
Me:  Shut up, both of you.  Go to your rooms until you think it through or are over it!  You guys are going to school tomorrow and Thursday.  They are half days for crying out loud!  I love you.

Lucas lesson of:  We finish what we start.

To top it all off, every school and grade seems to be doing a luau theme.  So, the kids, mine and the little guy I pick up, had beach balls and plastic, pineapple cups with random amounts of Hawaiian Punch.  Hawaiian Punch.  My first thought was, "Cool, your whole class signed 'em?  Beach balls!  We can take 'em to the pool.  That's cool." (I had the random thought of the Sharpie marker washing off into the pool and if it causes cancer.  I decided probably it does.)

4 seconds later...

Me:  Stop bouncing that ball off the back of my seat!!  Try to keep them in the back. (As I throw a block) I'm trying to drive.  Did it spill?  Oh 'cause it didn't really fit in the cup holder? (Not because of beach balls)  How much spi...nevermind."   This is the point where I quit. 

 The thing that sent me over

We learned lessons, we laughed, we cried and we danced.  One more day.  Half day.  My no alcohol week starts tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment