Thursday, June 23, 2016

Sometimes It Gets Tough

Man, what a crap week!  Starting Saturday night, we drove 6 hours in thunderstorms trying to get home from Florida, when the hotel messed up our reservations.  I now had one king size bed for 5 people.  I called the front desk and pitched a fit.  We were all tired and acting accordingly.  She asked if I knew the couch was a pull out.  I said something about how many rodeo's I've attended and asked which 2 kids she thought I should put on the floor.  I might've said something about her coming to room 254 and she could pick who were the lucky ones to sleep on the floor.  The floor of a busy hotel room.

Sunday, Father's day, I blew it.  I had nothing but a card hiding in my underwear drawer in South Carolina.  I should've had the kids write something "homemade" style on hotel note pad paper.  Something.  Anything.  But I didn't.  I knew it was coming, but it was kind of like when your movie skips, suddenly it was Father's Day and I was unprepared.  What I did do was get into a fight with him, the dad, on Father's Day.  In front of the kids.   Don't worry, we are fine, it's a marriage, we will figure it out.  Except Monday.  Monday I wanted to divorce.

             
              
I have good friends.  Supportive and everything.  I have good marriage, too.  Complete with the highs and lows.  I don't really want to divorce.

Tuesday this happened:













I can't even talk about it yet.

Jesse also had his best buddy over for a sleepover.
Jesse:  Mom!!!  Can we build a fort?
Me:  (From the bathroom) Yep.  (Mom doesn't care about anything anymore -except better quality toilet paper.)
Jesse:  Do we have any duct tape?
Me:  (suddenly caring)  Let me help.  Gimme a minute.
Which they did, right outside the bathroom door -timing me for one minute.  They were "impressed" when I opened the bathroom door.  Really, though, they had it coming -timing me, counting out loud for 60 seconds, really?!  We built a fort, I started a movie for them, threw food and a couple of flashlights in through the peep hole and was all, peace out.

Wednesday Jesse had return sleepover at the best buddy's house.  It's a thing we do, his mom and I trade kids, giving each other an occasional night off.  After I dropped them off as early as possible, I retreated to my room to lick my wounds.  When I say 'lick my wounds' I mean, Janice and I discussed a new eating thing that doesn't start with a cleanse.  Then I watched a movie and read books.  All the rest of the day.  Almost completely ignoring the other people in my house, as I watched my blog deadline day pass by without a backward glance.

This is the thing, we all have those times; when we are not awesome moms, wives or people even.  This was a tough week.  Sometimes we just have to wipe the sweat off our brows, have a shot and a beer and take a minute.  Real life gets tough.  I'm not doing it right, I'm not.  I'm just doing my best.  

Deuces...



No comments:

Post a Comment