Thursday, August 4, 2016

These Are The Moments

Let's take a moment.  Let's take a second and enjoy those really good moments.  The good.  We seem to talk a lot about those other times, when your kids are being jerks or your husband is an ass.  I want to take a moment and share the good ones this past week.

This
He tied my jammie shirt around his head.

Driving lesson #159.  I was not terrified.
We talked about everything.  Every. Thing.
***If you are my mother or friends with my mother stop reading ***

Then on Sunday, by some miracle, my husband and I found ourselves home alone.  Alone.  No kids.  After church, where Father talked to us about vanity, we realized both of our kids had places to hang out all afternoon.  I asked Father to bless my new rosary and he also blessed me, which made me cry.  Why?  I can only surmise that it is time for confession.  That aside, I selfishly planned my kid free afternoon. 

I decided to take full advantage of kids not being home and sit by the pool.  Do nothing, clean nothing, just nice and quiet with no demands of "Mom! Look, watch this!" every 5 seconds.  I packed a cooler with some beer and some of Jon and Daisy's (my 20 something basement dwellers) watermelon Smirnoff things.  I grabbed my laptop, my music, phone and peanuts.  I also grabbed water because it just seemed like I should.  I was planning to be there for a long time.

I got down there and saw my plants were all thirsting to death.  I watered them and decided to make my husband's day.  I don't know what got into me.  I'd say the devil made me do it, but I was feeling pretty blessed.  I went topless.  It was so scandalous.  My husband has suggested this nothing short of 600 times, but usually there are kids and I'm not 20 or even 30 -it's a vanity thing.  I giggled to myself as I watered, glancing over to see if he noticed.  He was weed eating by the chicken coop.  I wish I could explain without sounding like a lunatic how very sexy this is.  Plus, he wore his fatigues.   

While I watered, that song by Georgia Satellites, Keep Your Hands To Yourself came on.  It suddenly dawned on me after all these years, he wasn't talking about three milkin' cows.  I thought he wanted to settle down on a dairy farm.  He was actually talking about getting the milk for free.
 

I didn't think he noticed as weed whacking is very consuming, focus is important.  I contemplated the petunias and how high maintenance they were and leggy, much like myself.  I took a moment to be thankful for the amount of privacy we have back here.  Oddly enough, in my scandalous state, I also reflected on the homily this morning.  I have good.  A lot of good. 

When all the sudden, here comes my man, pole-vaulting down the stairs, without a care in the world, completely naked.

Me:
Him:  What?
Me:  Holy...  What is wrong with you?  We were just at church!
Him:  What? (As if he wasn't standing there in his birthday suit)
Me:  It's Sunday for crying out loud!  The. Lord's. Day.  You need to cover up.
He proceeded to "cover" himself with his beer koozie.
Him:  He made me this way.
Me:  I...you....I don't think He intended...

He gets into the pool and suggests that I join him in this sinful behavior.  Sort of like Adam and Eve in reverse -'cept with beer and not apples.  No way.  I was already ashamed and half naked, I was not about to take a bite of that apple.  Except I did.

Long story short, it was a great afternoon.  We are actually going to change "date night" into "pool day".  If you visit, call first, we need a five minute warning -and never accept this koozie from us.

*I should say in all our sinning I got sunburned.  Sunburned where I should be sufficiently discouraged from Sunday desecrations in the future.  To the point where unless it's covered in aloe, I want nothing to do with it.

** Confessions are 4:00 on Saturday.  I'll be there.





No comments:

Post a Comment