Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Beautiful Imperfection

Here is an example of the beautiful imperfection of my life.  I had yet another argument with my husband.  Actually, it was not another argument, it's an old one.  It was one of those things you have to fight for.  The shitty thing is, we did it in front of the kids.  I slept in the guest room, called my mother and texted my friends.  I plan on seeing this thing through.



The next morning while driving Anna to school I was trying to figure out how to talk to her about the argument.  Explain to her when to take a stand.  How it is that her daddy is great but, my husband was being an ass. 

Me:  Sooo.....I want to talk to you about why dad and I fought.
Anna:  I have a song for you.  Do you want to hear it?
Me:  Sure.  (Do I want to hear it?!  Absolutely.  But I was also a little afraid; kids are smart and pick up on everything.  This might hurt a little.)  She played this for me.


I could have cried and it didn't hurt at all.  She got it.  I didn't need to explain anything.  God dang, I love that girl.  This was simply beautiful.
 
Me:  Thank you, baby girl.  I needed that.
 **  5 second silence  **
Anna:  Look at that, that looks safe.
Me:  It's a Mini Cooper.  I don't really know anything about them.  My friend Gayle has one.  I'll text her.  It's cute.
Anna:  I could call it Mini Mouse.

I will remember this moment always.  I may just Google Mini Cooper safety ratings.  I sang that song all day.  When you sing it, sing it loud, it feels good.  Wish me luck as I stick to my guns in the guest room. 

 

Here's to the older women inspiring the younger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment