Monday, January 11, 2016

Just When You Think You Got It

This week has been a mixture of "I Got this" with "What the fuck is going on here?"  Regarding the art thing, I got this.  I am re-focused on the suns.  I feel like I have found my voice on the novel.  I bought silver paint.  I hired a house cleaner.  I got myself and my children to all our appointments and stayed under budget at the grocery store.  I mean, really, if I could still do back flips I would.

Also regarding the art thing, I have a friend who loves the black and white sun.  It originally was a tattoo idea and it didn't seem right to frame it.  Then it came to me...a t-shirt!  Perfect.  I came home from the t-shirt shop excited.  Feeling all proud of myself, I waltzed into my house to a horror show.  Khaleesi had gotten into the trash.  The bathroom trash.

Khaleesi, of my son's dog, who is now my dog.  Khaleesi, of doesn't even have dragons, or a blonde.  Khaleesi, of the misnamed dogs and I feel like fool when I yell for her.  Khaleesi who is lucky she is cute.  Khaleesi, of the bathroom trash all over my house.


This was taken after she got into my daughters make up; that's liquid foundation on her face.

Just picture this for a minute, bathroom garbage from the bathroom, through the master bedroom, into the kitchen via the living room.  To make this accurate I will tell you, but I hate to, guess what time of the month it was?  Right.  I was like "Oh, fucking hell..."  She is standing their wagging her tail, like "Hey!  You know what would be fun?  If you throw one of those and then I could chase it.  That would be awesome!"  She should, at the very least, act ashamed, or be sick, but nope.  F'ing hell.

Then my daughter flipped shit because the light washed skinny jeans she wears every day were dirty and I held fast to the house rule of 'Leggings are not pants.  They must be worn with something that covers your butt'.  My youngest hollers from the bathroom, "Mom! Mom!  MOM!"  I hurry to the bathroom only to have him grab my arm and shout, "Poop arm!  I poop armed ya!"  I'm all silently to myself, "What in the Sam Hell is going here?"  I go wash like a surgeon...twice because it's time to cook dinner.

My husband came home and asked, "Are you drinking whiskey?'  I mentally counted to 10 before I quietly answered, "Are you questioning me?"  He was tempted to say yes, but he is wise and just backed away slowly.

I am currently hated by teenage daughter, cause of concern to husband and defiled.  For the record, at one point, I had it going on.  At one point I had this!


Cue the music...





        

No comments:

Post a Comment