Monday, November 30, 2015

Cornbread stuffing

I don't know about you all, but I've eaten cornbread stuffing and green bean casserole for the last 3 days.  The last 3 days.  I really wish my laptop had emoji's because this calls for the eyes closed, straight mouth one.  It's okay, someone told me once that people who use emoji's have a better sex life.  time.com/3694763/match-com-dating-survey-emoji-sex/

I walked into the bathroom because, you know, I needed a shower.  I swear my scale looked at me like, "What up, bitch?" I was all, "What are you looking at?" and did a little fake move.

I re-established my gym goals and got in the shower.  I came out to a full on Star Wars invasion.  I was just trying to get ready for church.  For church, for heaven sakes!  Having married a military officer and gave birth to children with Nerf guns in their hands, I should know better.  My child shouted, "Ventress!  Get her!"

                                View from  my bathroom, I went to shower unarmed and I lost.

After church and praying for the souls of my children, I tippy toed into the studio. I was wondering what the vibe was, as it had been a about a week and a half.  That adorable little caterpillar, Sam, was looking at me like, "Hey Girl...".


                                                    Wait,  What were we talking about?

Sam.  A few little finishing touches was all he was looking for so...I got right on that.  Unfortunately,
I wasn't "feeling it".  I don't think this was a Muse issue, I think (hope) it was a time thing.  Could be an overstuffed with cornbread and green beans issue.  By the time I post this, I was hoping that Sam was done and I could show you.  After I painted a few eyeballs and noses I realized that, for real, it was not happening.  I was not feeling it.

I hope you can all "feel" me here.  Sometimes you are on and there is no stopping you.  It's like fever.  Unfortunately for me, sometimes, it's just not like that.  Sometimes it's forced because of deadlines or what ever self-inflicted pressures.  I just couldn't get into it.  I fixed what I could and decided tomorrow was another day.  I poured a glass of wine to go with my final helping of cornbread stuffing (I mean it, this time, the final helping).  Tidied up the studio a bit just enjoying my space, made my Michael's list, prepped some stuff and did a little research on self publishing.  At this moment I think I'm going with Amazon.  Stay tuned...

Sometimes the love runs out, but it'll come back.  Trust me.  Keep on.



No comments:

Post a Comment