Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Anti-Aging? Let's Just Age

I'm sitting here in Starbuck's in what might actually be underwear and not yoga shorts.  Under Armour confuses me.  I'm killing time before hot yoga.  Why do I spend an hour 3 times a week in a 90* room with 20 other people in spandex, dripping sweat; as we get instructed on how to tie our bodies into impossible (yet possible) knots testing our balance?  Because I want to be healthy and look good.  More importantly I want to look good. 

As I wait, I read an article about the magical healing powers of coconut oil.  Wrinkles and eye puffiness disappear over night.  Well, hot dog!  I think, as I add it to my grocery list.  I'll buy it organic.  I'm sure it will be expensive but probably waaayyy less than the Murad stuff I'm currently using -and it's natural.

Women.  We are beautiful every last one of us.  In all our shapes and sizes.


One thing we do not joke about?  Getting older.  We take this very seriously.  You've seen what some women do to themselves with plastic surgery and shit.  Yikes.  I read an article about Countess Erzsébet Báthory de Ecsed, she bathed in the blood of virgins as part of her 'beauty regimen'.  The. Blood. Of. Virgins.  We are not fucking around when it comes to wanting to look younger. 

As I stand here after yoga, in front of my mirror, covered from head to toe in coconut oil, I realize am more fit to be lightly fried than getting younger looking skin, I decide I'm not going down like this.  I mean, fight the good fight but, let's not lose our minds.

Have you ever looked at the Hollywood before and after pictures and ever once thought, "Oh yeah, she looks much better now."  No?  Me either.  Men aren't off the hook with this nonsense either.

Mickey Rourke
  Even though my credibility is shot after running around town in what may or may not be underwear, I want to make a pact with you, my friends.  Let's agree to never insert anything in our faces.  Let's teach our children that beauty comes, truly, from within.  That a healthy diet does more for you than any surgeon can.  Let's stick with beauty regimens that don't include murder and for the love of God, let's go gracefully with actual clothes on.

I've watched this 50 times.  Not sure how it applies to the blog but I had to share.
Walk off the Earth



 
  




No comments:

Post a Comment