Thursday, October 6, 2016

Tomorow is Another Day

Anna and I had one of those moments the other night.  One of those moments where you are looking at your child, your heart, your soul.  She is brave, strong and beautiful but, all I wanted to do was throw that precious princess out the window.  She was pissed at me, at the world, her boyfriend, God, everything.  I'm sitting there, as she is completely wigging out, flashing back to the moment of her birth.  All the things I thought we'd do, the times she surpassed my expectations, all of it; all her wonderfulness.

I have gotten more notes from school regarding my daughter than both of my sons put together.  The one time when she "allegedly" knocked a kid down for calling her friend fat.  The time when she accidentally said a bad word at another girl because "...she had it coming."  The time she didn't talk to me from Tennessee to South Carolina because I wouldn't pick up a stray dog.  This child of mine,  Anna.  She is absolutely amazing.  But right now, at this moment, I want to chuck her screaming ass out the window.  I get it.  She is mad.

I realized she was not yet ready for Facebook, so we had to delete it.  Not just off her phone but, the whole account.  We can try again in a year.  We also moved her phone curfew back to 10:00 instead of 10:30, what a difference thirty minutes makes.  At this moment, she is not sure who is worse, me or Satan.  I'm worried because I think she thinks the devil understands her better.  So, there I am watching her freak the fuck out.  It's the usual rant of I don't understand anything, I'm ridiculous, etcetera, etcetera... as she slams her door.

>side note<
Every night I pray with the kids.  Jesse always prays for the entire family -everyone he can think of,  that nobody fights and that we all have a good day.  Anna always prays for the souls in purgatory and whatever thing is on her mind.  For example, "...and please God help my algebra teacher not be crazy."
>end side note<

So here we are.

Jesse:  (brushing his teeth)
Me:  Anna!  It's time to pray.
Anna: (In a voice that can only be described as 'sarcastic Satan')  You want to pray?! 
Me:  Yep. 
Anna:  (sarcastic laugh) haha...oh...okay...whatever...
Jesse is nervous, to be honest, I am too.  Pissed off teen is a scary situation.  I settle Jesse in his bed with his bunny, Snugglelump.  I settle in next to him.  Anna, who usually sits by us, is standing with her arms crossed, fuming.
Me:  Now I lay you down to sleep, I pray the Lord your souls to keep.  Angels watch you through night and keep you in their blessed sight.
Jesse: God bless mom, dad, Jon, Anna, Jesse, Daisy, Snugglelump and Nathan.  Please God don't let mom and Anna fight. 
Me:  (Cringing because... jeez)  Anna, you're up.
Anna:  (spins her head completely around all Exorcist style to glare at me) God bless all the souls in Purgatory (looking at me like she wished my soul was in purgatory) and find my heart.
Me:  (Speechless) (For one second)  Lord, keep my children in Your hands.

Anna proceeded to challenge me.  She wanted a fight and I was very close to giving her one.   Jesse started reading Nate the Great...loudly.  I was tired.  I had had enough of this.  I got up, both kids got that 'Oh shit' look as I marched Anna to her room.  I suggested roof time, shuffled her into her room and shut her door saying the next one to open it would be me or else!  I confiscated all electronics.  Yup.  I was gone.  I went back to put Jesse to bed and try to end his night on a somewhat better note.
Jesse:  I love you, mom.
Me:  (shaking my head because my kids are awesome) I love you too, let's read.
Jesse:  You want Snugglelump?
Me:  Yes.  Thank you.

I can't.  My heart exploded, I tucked Snugglelump under my arm and we read about how Nate the Great earned a detention by doodling.

Some nights this is how it goes.  My advice when your darling teen is losing her mind, don't take the bait.  Stay clear and ignore it.  It will just be screaming, yelling and tears...from everyone.  It's not worth it.  It's hormones.  Tomorrow is a new day.

Michael Kiwanuka.  I'm in love...

I found this.  Let's all say it, release some souls and help Anna...





No comments:

Post a Comment